To conduct the workshop, follow these steps:
- In 30-minute cycles,
- The PO presents the next PBIs that aren’t Ready to the team. (up to 5 minutes)
- The Development Team decomposes into sub-teams of 3-4 people.
- Each sub-team selects one of the next PBIs and gets it Ready. (15-20 minutes)
- Use User Stories, 3 Cs, INVEST, your Definition of Ready, etc. to guide you.
- If Readiness is blocked by an impediment outside the Scrum team, the sub-team makes a concrete plan for what they will do to get the PBI Ready before the next Sprint Planning or Backlog Refinement meeting.
- Merge back into whole group, the full Scrum team.
- Sub-teams present their work to the whole group. (5-10 minutes)
- Take a break (5 minutes)
Read the original article here: https://kasperowski.com/how-to-a-great-product-backlog-refinement-workshop/