Christiaan Verwijs wrote an excellent article about how he kick-started three Scrum Teams using a string of Liberating Structures. The complete article can be found here: https://medium.com/the-liberators/we-kick-started-three-scrum-teams-with-this-awesome-string-of-liberating-structures-19b4a409cb8d
Steps he took:
- Defined a clear goal (purpose) of the workshop
- Used Impromptu Networking to introduce a little fun which would make it easier to make a personal connection with each other.
- Used Appreciative Interviews to let them discover what they would need to become a successful team.
- Used Nine Whys to discover both their individual purpose and business reason for the team’s to exist.
- Used What I Need From You to express their needs from each other.
- Used Min Specs to identify team needs and created a team manifesto.
- Used 15% Solutions to identify what the first step would be for everybody to start working effectively with Scrum.
- Used Social Network Webbing to close the day in a positive vibe.
- Used a number of energizers and punctuations to take a break from the intense interaction of Liberating Structures.