In the following article Mike Cohn shares his favorite questions to ask: https://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/blog/nine-questions-scrum-masters-and-product-owners-should-be-asking
Two Questions about Estimates
- I’m not looking for an estimate. But if I asked for an estimate, what unit pops into your minds: Hours, days, weeks, months, or years?
- How confident are you in that estimate?
Three Questions About Team Decisions
- What are three other options you considered before making this decisions?
- What’s the worst thing that could happen if we pursue this direction?
- What has to go right for this to be the best decision?
Two Questions about Meetings
- Do we need everyone who is here now?
- Should anyone else be here?
One Question to Ask When Wandering Around
- Does anyone else need to know about this?
One Question to Ask During Daily Standups
- What do you know that I don’t know?