Saying no can be very difficult. Most of us like to please others. But when we say no, we disappoint the requester.
Here are six guidelines for saying no to a stakeholder by Mike Cohn:
- Be Clear with Stakeholders: Is this No? Or No, for Now?
- Express Appreciation and Empathy for Customers
- Offer Only One Reason for Saying No
- Convey that You Each Have the Same Goal
- Explain the Consequences of Saying Yes to the Stakeholder
- Offer the Customer an Alternative
Read the complete article here: https://www.mountaingoatsoftware.com/blog/six-guidelines-for-saying-no-to-a-stakeholder